Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Rumors are True!

Don Lee and I are expecting a second child at the end of January. We had both planned on only having one child but Brixie Lee has been such a joy that we decided we could do even better with the second one! I mean, we know it all now, so #2 should be perfect. Right? That's how it works, right? Cross your fingers for us!

Today marks the first day of my 2nd trimester and we are going to celebrate with 2 skinny cows each tonight! I know, it's kinda crazy, but hey... we deserve it. This pregnancy has been much harder than Brixie Lee. The nausea started right at 6 weeks and started to let up at 11 weeks (a week ago). I went from my extremely active lifestyle of Stroller Strides 4-5 days a week to laying around with my eyes crossed. I was ready to resume my classes this week but we had doctors appointments that conflicted everyday! It's a good thing I didn't toss all my prego clothes because I'm already wearing them.

Below is one of our ultrasound pictures from Tuesday July 22. The technician couldn't tell us anything but she did say that "it" was extremely active and must have liked breakfast. I didn't tell her about the hamburger that I also had right before our 9:15am appt. You are what you eat and I'm a COW!!!!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, the baby is beautiful already! That is a really good ultrasound picture of the baby! Congratulations to you guys. Hope the pregnancy is smooth sailing the rest of the time!

bennett baby blog said...

I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I AM SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY AND EXCITED TO MEET BABY #2! i hope the rest of the pregnancy is easier on you, brix. don't forget that i am just a phone call away if you ever need anything! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Ryan, Lori, & Jack said...

How exciting...congrats on baby #2. I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Grandma said...

She looks just like me!

Grandma said...

Papaw said "He looks just like me!"

Pam said...

congratulations! are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl before the new baby is born? i can't wait to hear more!

Gaby Torres said...

yay brixie and don! brixie lee will be a fantastic big sister. Congrats!